Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Speeches

First things first, I hate listening to myself talk in a video or anything like that. I think I sound so weird, but I didn't think that this one was all that bad. I was surprised that my voice wasn't shaking because usually when I give speeches I get so nervous to the point where I have to stop and take a breathe because I forgot to breath. I was also surprised that I moved around, because usually I'm awkward and wouldn't move. I try to give myself pep talks that no one cares that you're talking, and no one knows what is true and what isn't. If you act like you know it, then your audience will believe so too. I think what I did badly, was that I didn't scan people and look them in the eyes for a couple of seconds, I felt that I looked more towards the ceiling. My presentation went better than I thought and I thought it went better than I expected, and I was happy that I didn't shake, stand still, and I didn't think I played with my hair too much either. Doing this speech and seeing how well it went for me personally, makes me feel better about giving speeches in the future. Now that I know I can do it and make it work, makes me less afraid or nervous to give one.

No comments:

Post a Comment