Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Death Penalty

The death penalty is such a huge contraversial topic where everyone has a different opinion on. When I think about the death penalty, I still don't know how I feel because thinking about it is sad, but then sometimes you think that they deserved it considering what they did. If I was in their shoes knowing that I would die later, I would be so shaken up and scared. In the project No Seconds, I liked how there was a contrast between what we see and what we know happened to them. I thought it was almost creepy that when you looked at the food being served it looked good and happy, but you know that it is going to someone who is about to be executed. I also thought it added something a little more with the fact that what they did to be put on death row was added in the text. I think Henry Hargreaves point was to show this delicious looking food and put us in their position, and then knowing that they will die after this. For the Last Meals Project, I liked how the mug shot of the person was in the background, and how it was blurred because it made it more personal. But, also them being blurred made it not the first thing you looked at, you looked at the crumpled paper with the information on it, and then what they had to eat. Overall, I liked No Seconds better because the meaning to me stood out more, it was sinister, and it made me think about it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment